Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Masters House




This is another part of the Alms House complex - this time the Masters House. The door was fascinating with its series of locks from the original iron lock to a modern dead-lock. I'm glad they didn't spoil the history by taking the old locks off. Somehow Jeremy and I started talking about wood engravings and he gave me the book "Nature's Engraver; A Biography of Thomas Bewick". Waiting times at airports on my way home were not nearly as tedious having such an interesting book to read.

1 comment:

  1. I do love the multiple doorlocks, Bruce. Back when I was in college, around 1968, a traveling print-seller came to the campus and I bought a tiny Thomas Bewick print of a country house. It's about the size of a postage stamp, but a lovely little thing.

    ReplyDelete